One year ago I launched this little venture called Seriously Geeky Sundays and wasn’t sure whether it would actually go very far. I thought maybe a few months, six months if I was lucky and then I would end up giving up due to lack of interest. Instead, a year has passed and people are still interested and still joining me each week to answer the questions I create. It has been a wonderful feeling to contribute to our community and I hope to grow SGS even more in the next year.
You may notice that I’ve gone from week 52 last week to week 1 this week. I have dyscalculia and had a difficult enough time keeping count of the weeks over the year, and the thought of trying to keep count of them for longer sounded like a ridiculous amount of effort for no reason. If anyone wishes to keep counting upwards then please do, there’s really no reason to even count the weeks other than my own organisation for files. I just wanted to mention it in case anyone got confused.
How to join in the fun!
Anyone can join in with the prompt! Just read below to find out more 🙂
- Seriously Geeky Sundays is a blog prompt and is designed to be completed on a blog or in a vlog. If you don’t have one then join in the fun by posting your answers in the comments each week!
- Please link back to this post when you post your answers to the prompt. This helps others join in the fun and also pings back to me so I can see your answers too!
- If you have a spare few minutes take some time to check out some of the other bloggers who have joined in Seriously Geeky Sundays – you never know who you might meet
- When promoting your posts to social media please use the hashtags #seriouslygeekysundays and/or #sgsun6 so others can find your posts.
- Please try to remember to use spoiler tags/warnings for brand new shows and movies.
- The whole point of Seriously Geeky Sundays is to have fun by expressing our geekiness and sharing it with each other. Sometimes people will say things you don’t agree with and that’s ok. The world would be a really dull place if we all acted the same way.
Happy First Birthday SGS!
My answers for week #1
What was your favourite theme?
I think it’s between Kings and Queens and Here there be monsters because those two both capture my favourites genres and the categories where most of my favourite characters fall. I enjoyed talking about those interests and sharing my answers with everyone.
What theme did you like the least?
I wrote the questions so there’s not any that I didn’t enjoy at least a little bit, but the thing with writing questions for a prompt is that they seem really great when you write them and you also need to keep in mind that you’re writing them for a wider audience. So sometimes the questions don’t always appeal to me personally or when I come to write an answer I suddenly realise, oh crap, I don’t actually know what to put for this one! Technology was probably my weakest one. The answers looked great in theory and then when I came to actually answer them my mind did a complete and utter blank on me.
What question made you think the most?
It’s definitely been all the Around the World in 8 Sundays topics, especially for the continents outside of Hollywood’s influence such as Africa, and Asia, and naturally Representation (but that was by design).
Which theme reminded you of something you’d forgotten?
Week 24 Storytime reminded me of some stories from my childhood and Animation also had me remembering things I used to love and had almost forgotten. It was great fun bringing them back to the surface of my memory and getting a chance to talk about them again!
What do you enjoy most about Seriously Geeky Sundays?
Being part of a fun and friendly community that only takes one thing seriously; geeking out. We don’t do cliques, there are no elitism or wrong answers. Just loving what you love and sharing it with others in a safe environment.
What themes or subjects would you like to see come up this year?
Add your links below!
Taking part in this weeks Seriously Geeky Sundays prompt? Pop your link in the link-up below and check out some of the other participants too.
The Seriously Geeky Sundays link-up opens on Sunday and will remain open for a week.
Over To You
Thank you for joining me for this very special Seriously Geeky Sundays! Here’s to today and many more! If you’re just joining us for the first time don’t worry there’s plenty more to come and you can find the rest of April’s questions here.
Which SGS week was your favourite?
Psst! Have you head about GeekDis?
Support Just Geeking By
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did please consider sharing it on social media using the nifty buttons at the end of this post <3
If you enjoyed this content please consider helping to support my blog. You can do this in multiple ways (click here to find out how!) or by donating via Ko-Fi to help me reach my current goal.
Image Credits: Images are from Pexels.