Seriously Geeky Sundays (SGS) is a weekly blog prompt for geeks. Prompts are a great way to connect and meet like-minded bloggers while also creating some new content for your blog. Each week six questions are available for bloggers to answer on their blog. These questions will cover a range of geeky topics and aim to be open for interpretation. No matter what your geeky interests are this weekly meme is for you!
How to take part
Taking part in Seriously Geeking Sundays is easy; just answer that week’s questions and post them on your blog on Sunday! The themes are posted on this page a few months in advance so you can see what’s ahead and on the third Sunday of every month, I’ll release the next set of questions so you can plan posts accordingly.
You can take part every week or just pop in when a week catches your fancy. Every week I’ll be posting my own answers and I’ll be including a link-up for you to pop your own link in so others can check out your post too.
While Seriously Geeky Sundays are designed for bloggers if you don’t have a blog and want to take part then please do! You could post your answers on social media or in a youtube video, for example. Please keep in mind that the rules below do still apply to all participants not just bloggers especially rule #1 – linking back to this page.
Please note that as of May 30th 2021 there will be no more SGS prompts
I have chosen to stop creating new prompts for Seriously Geeky Sundays. You can read the reasons for this in the announcement here.
You are more than welcome to complete any of the previous prompts, in fact, you are encouraged to do so, which is why all the prompts are now listed below. The rules remain the same so please do link back to this page and tag me on social media so I can check out your answers 🙂
A Few Rules
Just a few little rules:
- Please link back to this post when you post your answers to the prompt. This helps others join in the fun and also pings back to me so I can see your answers too! 🙂
- Seriously Geeky Sundays is a blog prompt and is designed to be completed on a blog or in a vlog.
- If you have a spare few minutes take some time to check out some of the other bloggers who have joined in Seriously Geeky Sundays – you never know who you might meet 🙂
- The old link-ups for each prompt no longer work so please pop a link to your post in the comments section of the prompt you’re taking part in.
- When promoting your posts to social media please tag me @justgeekingby so I can find your posts and share them.
- Please try to remember to use spoiler tags/warnings for brand new shows and movies.
- The whole point of Seriously Geeky Sundays is to have fun by expressing our geekiness and sharing it with each other. Sometimes people will say things you don’t agree with and that’s ok. The world would be a really dull place if we all acted the same way.
All the Prompts
Here you can find a list of all the Seriously Geeky Sundays Prompts starting from April 2020 and ending in May 2021. If you click a prompt title you will be taken to my completed set of questions for that week.
Please Note: The word fandom is used in questions as shorthand for ‘book/TV show/movie/video game/etc.’ Please feel free to replace ‘fandom’ with whatever term or media works best for you.
You can find the questions for April here.
You can find the questions for May here.
- 3rd – Freedom of the Press
- 10th – Families
- 17th – Food
- 24th – Geek Pride
- 31st – What makes you smile?
You can find the questions for June here.
You can find the questions for July here.
You can find the questions for August here.
- 2nd – Supporting Roles
- 9th – Animation – hosted by Megan!
- 16th – Funny Guys
- 23rd – Cosplay
- 30th – Here there be monsters
You can find the questions for September here.
- 6th – Back to School
- 13th – Story Time
- 20th – Ahoy Matey
- 27th – Around the World in 8 Sundays [Western Europe]
You can find the questions for October here.
- 4th – Celebration Time
- 11th – Where the wild things are
- 18th – Embellish
- 25th – Around the World in 8 Sundays [Eastern Europe]
You can find the questions for November here.
- 1st – Spooky Spirits
- 8th – What’s in a name
- 15th – Adorn
- 22nd – Small Screen Views
- 29th – Around the World in 8 Sundays [North America]
You can find the questions for December here.
- 6th – Winter Wonderland [Around the World in 8 Sundays – Antartica]
- 13th – Secret Santa
- 20th – Free day/catch up
- 27th – 2020 in Fandoms
- 3rd – Free Day/Catch up (Happy New Year!)
- 10th – New year, new… fandoms?
- 17th – The one with friends
- 24th – Around the World in 8 Sundays [Australia]
- 31st – Decorate
- 7th – Representation
- 14th – Around the World in 8 Sundays [Asia]
- 21st – Building the World
- 28th – Gotta Catch Them All!
- 7th – Mother, Maiden, Crone
- 14th – The World Wide Web of Us
- 21st – Bookworms
- 28th – Around the World in 8 Sundays [Africa]
- 4th – Happy First Birthday SGS!
- 11th – Words maketh the fandom
- 18th – Six on a Sunday: Current Loves
- 25th – Superheroes