Seriously Geeky Sundays (SGS) is a weekly blog prompt for geeks. Prompts are a great way to connect and meet like-minded bloggers while also creating some new content for your blog. Each week six questions are available for bloggers to answer on their blog. These questions will cover a range of geeky topics and aim to be open for interpretation. No matter what your geeky interests are this weekly meme is for you!
How to take part
Taking part in Seriously Geeking Sundays is easy; just answer that week’s questions and post them on your blog on Sunday! The themes are posted on this page a few months in advance so you can see what’s ahead and on the third Sunday of every month I’ll release the next set of questions so you can plan posts accordingly.
You can take part every week or just pop in when a week catches your fancy. Every week I’ll be posting my own answers and I’ll be including a link-up for you to pop your own link in so others can check them out your post too.
While Seriously Geeky Sundays are designed for bloggers if you don’t have a blog and want to take part then please do! You could post your answers on social media or in a youtube video, for example. Please keep in mind that the rules below do still apply to all participants not just bloggers especially rule #1 – linking back to the Seriously Geeky Sundays annoucement.
A Few Rules
Just a few little rules:
- Please link back to the Seriously Geeky Sundays announcment when you post your answers to the meme. This helps others join in the fun and also pings back to me so I can see your answers too! 🙂
- If you have a spare few minutes take some time to check out some of the other bloggers who have joined in Seriously Geeky Sundays – you never know who you might meet 🙂
- When posting to social media please use the hashtags #seriouslygeekysundays and/or #sgsun6 so others can find your posts.
- Please try to remember to use spoiler tags/warnings for brand new shows and movies.
- The whole point of Seriously Geeky Sundays is to have fun by expressing our geekiness and sharing it with each other. Sometimes people will say things you don’t agree with and that’s ok. The world would be a really dull place if we all acted the same way.
Here you can find a list of monthly prompts. I’ll be added two new months at a time. For now here are months April to August.
Got an idea for a prompt? Let me know in the comments and I’ll take it into consideration.
Please Note: The word fandom is used in questions as shorthand for ‘book/TV show/movie/video game/etc.’ Please feel free to replacement ‘fandom’ with whatever term or media works best for you.
You can find the questions for April here.
You can find the questions for May here.
- 3rd – Freedom of the Press
- 10th – Families
- 17th – Food
- 24th – Geek Pride
- 31st – What makes you smile?
You can find the questions for June here.
You can find the questions for July here.
You can find the questions for August here.
- 2nd – Supporting Roles
- 9th – Animation
- 16th – Funny Guys
- 23rd – Cosplay
- 30th – Here there be monsters