Seriously Geeky Sundays (SGS) is a weekly blog prompt for geeks. Prompts are a great way to connect and meet like-minded bloggers while also creating some new content for your blog. Each week six questions are available for bloggers to answer on their blog. These questions will cover a range of geeky topics and aim to be open for interpretation. No matter what your geeky interests are this weekly meme is for you!
How to take part
Taking part in Seriously Geeking Sundays is easy; just answer that week’s questions and post them on your blog on Sunday! The themes are posted on this page a few months in advance so you can see what’s ahead and on the third Sunday of every month I’ll release the next set of questions so you can plan posts accordingly.
You can take part every week or just pop in when a week catches your fancy. Every week I’ll be posting my own answers and I’ll be including a link-up for you to pop your own link in so others can check them out your post too.
While Seriously Geeky Sundays are designed for bloggers if you don’t have a blog and want to take part then please do! You could post your answers on social media or in a youtube video, for example. Please keep in mind that the rules below do still apply to all participants not just bloggers especially rule #1 – linking back to the Seriously Geeky Sundays annoucement.
A Few Rules
Just a few little rules:
- Please link back to this post when you post your answers to the prompt. This helps others join in the fun and also pings back to me so I can see your answers too! 🙂
- Seriously Geeky Sundays is a blog prompt and is designed to be completed on a blog or in a vlog. If you don’t have one then join in the fun by posting your answers in the comments each week! 🙂
- If you have a spare few minutes take some time to check out some of the other bloggers who have joined in Seriously Geeky Sundays – you never know who you might meet 🙂
- When promoting your posts to social media please use the hashtags #seriouslygeekysundays and/or #sgsun6 so others can find your posts.
- Please try to remember to use spoiler tags/warnings for brand new shows and movies.
- The whole point of Seriously Geeky Sundays is to have fun by expressing our geekiness and sharing it with each other. Sometimes people will say things you don’t agree with and that’s ok. The world would be a really dull place if we all acted the same way.
Here you can find a list of monthly prompts. I’ll be added a few months at a time so for now here is August to December. Past prompts have been moved to their own page.
Got an idea for a prompt? Head over to the feedback post.
Please Note: The word fandom is used in questions as shorthand for ‘book/TV show/movie/video game/etc.’ Please feel free to replacement ‘fandom’ with whatever term or media works best for you.
You can find the questions for August here.
- 2nd – Supporting Roles
- 9th – Animation – hosted by Megan!
- 16th – Funny Guys
- 23rd – Cosplay
- 30th – Here there be monsters
You can find the questions for September here.
- 6th – Back to School
- 13th – Story Time
- 20th – Ahoy Matey
- 27th – Around the World in 8 Sundays [Western Europe]
- 4th – Celebration Time
- 11th – Where the wild things are
- 18th – Embellish
- 25th – Around the World in 8 Sundays [Eastern Europe] **Sign-ups for Secret Santa open (free event)**
- 1st – Spooky Spirits
- 8th – What’s in a name ** Secret Santa sign-ups close**
- 15th – Adorn
- 22nd – Small Screen Views
- 29th – Around the World in 8 Sundays [North America]
- 6th – Secret Santa (Secret Santa SGS style! All will be revealed when sign-ups open on Sunday 25th October 😉 )
- 13th – Winder Wonderland [Around the World in 8 Sundays – Antartica]
- 20th – Free day/catch up
- 27th – 2020 in Fandoms
To stop the page getting cluttered I’ve moved the past prompts to their own page. You can view all past prompts here.