It’s the third week of October and that means it’s time for the Seriously Geeky Sundays November themes! The dates worked out really awkwardly for Halloween so we’ll be starting the month off with a Halloween/All Hallows Eve themed prompt. Read on to find out what is in store for the rest of the month 😉
Secret Santa Sign Ups
These will close at midnight on the 8th November 2020. I’ll be posting regular reminders each week and on twitter. You can find out more information about Secret Santa and how to sign up in October’s questions.
About Seriously Geeky Sundays
Taking place every Sunday there are six questions for bloggers to answer. You can pop over to the Seriously Geeky Sundays page for more information and see the themes for the next four months. You can take part every week or just pop in when a week catches your fancy. Every week I post my own answers and include link-up for you to pop your own link in so others can check them out your post too.
If you’re not able to take part on a Sunday then you’re welcome to post under the alternative title of ‘Seriously Geeky Series’ anytime during the week so you don’t miss out! Check out the new FAQ for more details.
Please Note – The word fandom is used in questions as shorthand for ‘book/TV show/movie/video game/etc.’ Please feel free to replacement ‘fandom’ with whatever term or media that works best for you.
Here are this month’s questions.
1st November – Spooky Spirits
It’s that time of year when we think about all things spooky and what we’ve lost. In Mexico, it is the start of Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) and for Pagans the autumn festival of Samhain is taking place. It’s a much quieter Halloween this year so we’re doing our bit by celebrating the spooky side of fandom while also remembering the parts of it that are lost to us.
- What is your favourite Halloween episode, event or film?
- Who is your favourite fictional spirit?
- What is your go-to for spooky fandom fun at this time of year?
- Which supernatural character do you like the most? **
- If you could resurrect a fandom which would it be?
- Which character would you like to bring back?
** supernatural as in the genre, not the TV Show of the same name 🙂 (Of course, they may be one and the same for some people!)
8th November – What’s in a name? ** Secret Santa sign-ups close**
This week I’ve got a unique one for you all because everyone’s questions are going to be slightly different. What’s in a name? Well, what’s in your name is actually the question. This week each question is based on each individual writer.
However, please only give as much information as you feel comfortable – use an alias instead of your name, and only your first name. The idea of this week’s theme is to have fun, not create a security risk or cause anyone undue anxiety.
If people feel this theme is too personal please let me know and I’ll change it.
- Thinking of your name/alias, what is the first female character you think of that has the same name/or a name that starts with the same initial? Do you like them?
- How about a male character? How do you feel about them?
- What about an actor; what is the best and worst thing they’ve done?
- What was your favourite soundtrack during your teens?
- Go to a shelf/collection and count the letters of your name across or down. Tell us about the item you just picked out!
- Have you ever heard a characters name and formed an opinion about them before you met them? Was your opinion right?
15th November – Adorn
Last month we were talking about visual locations with Embellish, and this month Adorn brings us to costumes! Characters wear an assortment of outfits throughout fandoms and this week we’re talking all about costumes, fashion and more.
- If you could steal any character’s wardrobe* which would it be?
- What superhero’s costume do you love and which do you hate?
- You’re riding into battle; who’s armour do you choose?
- Who wore it better; pick an outfit that’s been worn by multiple characters and tell us who wore it best.
- From utility belts to magical backpacks, accessories in fandom can be anything and do anything. Which one would you choose to borrow for a day?
- You’ve been given the chance to redesign a character’s appearance? Who is it, why and what would you change?
*wardrobe being their clothes, not their literal wardrobe 😛
22nd November – Small Screen Views
The small screen, the telly, the idiot box; the television has had many names and gone through many changes since 1926. Today we’re focusing on our small screen habits.
- Do you watch much television?
- What genres do you like to watch?
- What shows are you watching at the moment?
- Is there any TV shows that you like to rewatch?
- Do you watch TV shows live or stream?
- What TV shows are you looking forward to the most?
29th November – Around the World in 8 Sundays – North America
Week three of our Around the World in 8 Sundays (a multi-week theme taking us around the world) takes us to North America as the United States celebrates Thanksgiving this week.
- Who is your favourite Northern American character?
- What is your favourite film set in North America?
- North American history features frequently in pop culture, which part do you feel is overdone and which do you wish was covered more?
- North America tends to be seen as mainly just the US and Canada, which other countries do you recognise in fandoms?
- Although Hollywood is at the center of the entertainmen industry, the Canadian entertainment industry is blooming. What is your favourite Canadian production?
- Broadway musicals are a national treasure in the US; do you like musicals?
Over to You
What do you think of the Seriously Geeky Sundays November’s prompts? Let me know in the comments!
Share this post!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did please consider sharing it on social media using the nifty buttons at the top of the post <3
Support Just Geeking By
If you enjoyed this content please consider helping to support my blog. You can do this in multiple ways (click here to find out how!) or by donating via Ko-Fi to help me reach my current goal.