Welcome to the Seriously Geeky Sundays May edition! At the start of the month, we’ve got journalism, families and food and then, later on, we’re looking at broader geeky topics.
Taking place every Sunday there are six questions for bloggers to answer. You can pop over to the Seriously Geeky Sundays page for more information and see the themes for the next four months. You can take part every week or just pop in when a week catches your fancy. Every week I post my own answers and include link-up for you to pop your own link in so others can check them out your post too.
Please Note – The word fandom is used in questions as shorthand for ‘book/TV show/movie/video game/etc.’ Please feel free to replacement ‘fandom’ with whatever term or media that works best for you.
Here are the questions for the second month of Seriously Geeky Sundays:
3rd May – Freedom of the Press
Today is National Press Freedom day so we’re taking a look at the people who always have their finger on the pulse of the city.
- What is your favourite fictional media outlet?
- Who is your favourite fictional journalist?
- Who is your favourite fictional photographer?
- What is your favourite fictional interview?
- If you could interview any fictional character who would it be?
- Which character would you like to see given an absolute grilling live on TV and why?
10th – Families
As a tribute to Mother’s Day in the US this week is dedicated to geeky families!
- Who is your Favourite fictional family?
- Who is your favourite fictional unconventional family?
- Which off-screen/non-played family member would you like to learn more about?
- Who is/are your favourite fictional grandparent/s?
- What extended fictional family/legacy is your favourite?
- Take the main character from your last 5 shows/movies/games/books (etc.) and create a family with them.
17th – Food
Today is National Cherry Cobbler Day and National Walnut Day, and there were a whole bunch of other National food days this week so naturally this week’s theme had to be food related. How could it not? 😉
- If you could have any fictional food item become reality, what would it be?
- What is your favourite food moment/scene?
- What fictional restaurant would you like to visit?
- What is the most decadent dessert you’ve seen in a fandom?
- What is the most disgusting fictional food item you’ve seen?
- What is your favourite fandom inspired recipe/food item?
24th – Geek Pride
Tomorrow is Geek Pride Day and today’s questions are all about what being a geek means to you.
- What is your Geek origin story? (How did you become a geek?)
- What does being a geek mean to you?
- How do you express your geeky side?
- What are some of your favourite geeky websites and places to shop?
- Who are some of your favourite geeky celebrities?
- Who are some of your favourite geeky bloggers?
31st – What makes you smile?
Today is National Smile day and so I’m asking you what makes you smile? It’s a chance to talk more generally about your favourite geeky things.
- What TV shows do you love?
- What are your favourite movie genres?
- What do you like to read?
- What about games?
- What geeky thing made you smile this week?
- What quote always makes you smile?
Over to You
What do you think of this months questions? Let me know in the comments!
Don’t forget to check out the Seriously Geeky Sundays information page for all the information and the themes for the next few months!
Share this post!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did please consider sharing it on social media using the nifty buttons at the top of the post <3
Support Just Geeking By
If you enjoyed this content please consider helping to support my blog. You can do this in multiple ways (click here to find out how!) or by donating via Ko-Fi to help me reach my current goal.