Taking place every Sunday there are six questions for bloggers to answer. You can pop over to the Seriously Geeky Sundays page for more information and see the themes for the next four months. You can take part every week or just pop in when a week catches your fancy. Every week I post my own answers and include link-up for you to pop your own link in so others can check them out your post too.
Please Note – The word fandom is used in questions as shorthand for ‘book/TV show/movie/video game/etc.’ Please feel free to replacement ‘fandom’ with whatever term or media that works best for you.
Here are this month’s questions:
June 7th – Warriors
On June 6th 1944 the Allied forces landed on the beaches of Normandy the start of a pivotal attack that was pivotal in ending World War II. Every story has monumental battles and warriors who fight for what they believe in and that’s what this week is all about.
- What is the most pivotal fictional battle you can think of?
- Who is your favourite warrior?
- Is there a fictional warrior class do you admire?
- What is your favourite quote about battles?
- If you could join a fictional fighting organisation what would it be?
- You’re able to learn one battle ability or spell for a day; what would it be?
June 14th – Captain, My Captain
It’s Captain Picard’s birthday in two days and so today is dedicated to all the iconic captains in your life.
- Who was the captain of your childhood?
- When you think about captains who is the first one to come to mind?
- Who is your favourite fictional captain?
- Who is your favourite crew?
- What is your favourite ship?
- The last fandom you experienced has suddenly been cast at sea/into outer space. Who is the captain and who are their crewmates?
June 21st – Father Figures
As it’s Father’s Day today, we’re celebrating the father figures in our fandoms. The good, the bad and the downright bonkers ones.
- Who is your favourite fictional dad?
- Who is your favourite evil dad?
- Who is your favourite father figure/mentor?
- Who is your favourite unconventional father/mentor?
- What is your favourite child/father scene?
- What is your favourite quote from a fandom about fathers/by a father?
June 28th – Technology
June 23rd is Alan Turing’s birthday, and Turing was a British computer scientist who developed the Enigma machine during World War II. His work in computer science was groundbreaking and he theorised about artificial intelligence. Today we’re thinking about technology in fictional worlds:
- What is the weirdest fictional technology item you’ve seen?
- What is the most disastrous technological innovation?
- Who is your favourite robot/droid?
- What fictional futuristic item do you think will become real one day?
- What futuristic vehicle would you love to take for a ride?
- If you could have any character/celebrity be the personality for a supercomputer, who would it be?
Over to You
What do you think of this months questions? Let me know in the comments!
Don’t forget to check out the Seriously Geeky Sundays information page for all the information and the themes for the next few months!
Share this post!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did please consider sharing it on social media using the nifty buttons at the top of the post <3
Support Just Geeking By
If you enjoyed this content please consider helping to support my blog. You can do this in multiple ways (click here to find out how!) or by donating via Ko-Fi to help me reach my current goal.