It’s the last Seriously Geeky Sundays topic for January and it’s also the final week of the Adorn, Decorate and Embellish three-month theme. It’s Inspire Your Heart With Art Day today which is the perfect day to explore the topic of decorating in relation to fandoms and being a geek!
How to join in the fun!
Anyone can join in with the prompt! Just read below to find out more 🙂
- Seriously Geeky Sundays is a blog prompt and is designed to be completed on a blog or in a vlog. If you don’t have one then join in the fun by posting your answers in the comments each week!
- Please link back to this post when you post your answers to the prompt. This helps others join in the fun and also pings back to me so I can see your answers too!
- If you have a spare few minutes take some time to check out some of the other bloggers who have joined in Seriously Geeky Sundays – you never know who you might meet
- When promoting your posts to social media please use the hashtags #seriouslygeekysundays and/or #sgsun6 so others can find your posts.
- Please try to remember to use spoiler tags/warnings for brand new shows and movies.
- The whole point of Seriously Geeky Sundays is to have fun by expressing our geekiness and sharing it with each other. Sometimes people will say things you don’t agree with and that’s ok. The world would be a really dull place if we all acted the same way.
My answers for week #44
Do you decorate your home with geeky products?
We do! My bookshelves are dotted with plushies, my Funko Pops, and other geeky products as well as a Shadow Hunters tote bag which I use to showcase my enamel pin collection. The other side of the room is our collective display of figurines that we’ve collected over the years. Elsewhere in the house, we have art we’ve commissioned on display.
Do you own any posters or fanart prints? If no, what ones would you like to buy?
Yes, we picked up these prints by Chao Illustrations at a convention and we also picked up a random selection of film posters at another time. We’re just really bad at actually putting anything up as we never buy frames!
Have you ever commissioned an artist?
Yes! I commissioned the lovely Lady Rosse a few years ago to create this wonderful piece of art as a Christmas gift for my fiance Chris. It was our 10 year anniversary that year and we had met during a fun run to Molten Core in World of Warcraft. I had the idea for a piece of work with our two characters, my priest Kaelea and his death knight Dagan, returning to Molten Core and toasting their anniversary with marshmallows on Ragnaros’ (the final boss) corpse. I asked Lady Rosse to add in three cats to represent our two cats, Milo (not in the frame; he’s sitting on top of Raggy’s hammer :D) and George, and our dearly departed Az who is the sleeping ghost kitty.
What character’s home/room gives you DIY envy?
I fell in love with Diana Prince’s aka Wonder Woman’s new apartment as shown in Wonder Woman #759. It’s a cross between a temple, a museum and a modern apartment and somehow Diana makes it work in a way that only she can.
The main character of the last fandom you enjoyed is giving your room a make-over; what does it now look like?
I’ve been catching up on JAG and the main character, Lieutenant Commander Harmon ‘Harm’ Rabb redesigned his apartment himself during his downtime. It looks amazing! Ok, it might look 20 years out of date but it would be really well made and have a creative floor plan.
If you could decorate a room in the style of a fictional place what would it be?
I would probably choose to decorate a room in the blood elf aesthetic from World of Warcraft. As much as I like the night elf aesthetic, the cooler colours feel just a bit too cold for a room whereas the warm reds and golds of the blood elf aesthetic are perfect. Gold highlights and swirls would also be a great way to spice up a room, and well-placed green to represent fel would be the finishing touch.
Add your links below!
Taking part in this weeks Seriously Geeky Sundays prompt? Pop your link in the link-up below and check out some of the other participants too.
The Seriously Geeky Sundays link-up opens on Sunday and will remain open for a week.
Over To You
I hope you enjoyed reading all about how I decorate my home with geeky products and art! I’d love to know how you guys do the same so please let me know what artists you love in the comments!
Share this post!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did please consider sharing it on social media using the nifty buttons at the top of the post <3
Support Just Geeking By
If you enjoyed this content please consider helping to support my blog. You can do this in multiple ways (click here to find out how!) or by donating via Ko-Fi to help me reach my current goal.