It’s that time again for a new set of Seriously Geeky Sundays questions and here are the Seriously Geeky Sundays March questions! As we head into March we’re saying goodbye to the multi-week theme we’ve had going for eight months now. It’s going to be sad to say goodbye to Around the World in 8 Sundays, but also really fulfilling to have completed it too!
Africa is the final trip on our world tour, and we’ll be heading there at the end of the month. Before we get there we’re celebrating International Women’s Day, getting nostalgic about the internet and chatting about books!
About Seriously Geeky Sundays
Taking place every Sunday there are six questions for bloggers to answer. You can pop over to the Seriously Geeky Sundays page for more information and see the themes for the next four months. You can take part every week or just pop in when a week catches your fancy. Every week I post my own answers and include a link-up for you to pop your own link in so others can check them out your post too.
If you’re not able to take part on a Sunday then you’re welcome to post under the alternative title of ‘Seriously Geeky Series’ anytime during the week so you don’t miss out! Check out the new FAQ for more details.
Please Note – The word fandom is used in questions as shorthand for ‘book/TV show/movie/video game/etc.’ Please feel free to replacement ‘fandom’ with whatever term or media that works best for you.
Here are this month’s questions.
7th March – Maiden, Mother, Crone
March 8th is International Women’s Day (IDW), a worldwide celebration of women, and later this month it is also Mother’s Day in the UK. What better time to think about the leading ladies of fandom?
- Who is your favourite leading lady?
- Which kickass female fighter do you admire?
- Who is the most badass female villain in your opinion?
- Do you have a favourite fictional mother or grandmother?
- IDW is about celebrating women’s equality and inclusivity in all fields; what characters have championed this cause?
- Which women in pop culture inspire you?
14th March – The World Wide Web of Us
Way back in 1989 on March 12th Sir Timothy Berners-Lee invented the internet. We all started our journey on the World Wide Web at different times, and while we’ve each had unique experiences we’ve all ended up in the same place; right here reading these prompts! Join in celebrating the anniversary of the internet by sharing your answers this week 🙂
- When did you first start using the internet?
- What nostalgic things do you remember from your early days of the internet? (Example)
- How long have you been blogging?
- Did you ever belong to any online fan clubs or message boards?
- What are your favourite sites on the internet?
- Do you have any geeky online stores to share with us?
21st March – Bookworms
There are several book-related events this month including World Book Day at the start of the month and then the Tolkien Reading Day later this week on the 25th of March. We talked about stories and storytelling back in September, however, we’ve not talked about books and reading habits. That changes this week!
- Do you read a lot?
- What is your most read book?
- What was the last book you read?
- Do you prefer a book series or stand-alone books?
- Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction?
- Do you read the book before watching the adaptation?
28th March – Around the World in 8 Sundays [Africa]
It’s the final Around the Sundays theme and our Seriously Geeky Sundays ship has reached its final destination; Africa!
- What is your favourite fandom set in Africa?
- Who are your favourite fictional African characters?
- Africa is a popular setting for video games; have you played any of them?
- We’ve been exploring fictional countries with this series and there are more fictional countries attributed to Africa than any other continent. What are your thoughts on this?
- Africa is home to Egypt and ancient Egypt has been given the pop-culture treatment many times. Which has been your favourite?
- Which actors from Africa do you like?
Over to You
What do you think of the Seriously Geeky Sundays March prompts? Let me know in the comments!
Share this post!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did please consider sharing it on social media using the nifty buttons at the top of the post <3
Support Just Geeking By
If you enjoyed this content please consider helping to support my blog. You can do this in multiple ways (click here to find out how!) or by donating via Ko-Fi to help me reach my current goal.