As mentioned in my last monthly update I’ve been working on a geek themed prompt here at Just Geeking By. It’s been a love-child of mine that has been slowly developing for probably a year and a half. Like many of my ideas, it came into being from a random thought that spun off into a fully formed idea. When I first ventured upon the Geek Blogger community one of my first forays into the community was via 5 Fandom Fridays. When 5 Fandom Fridays stopped it left a big gap not just in my weekly content but also in what I felt brought the community together.
As time went on no one took over and no alternatives were created, and eventually, I started to think… well, why don’t I just make my own? Then everything with my dissertation happened last year, yada yada, and I was set to announce it last Christmas. Naturally, that wasn’t to be either /facepalm and in January 2020 the original 5 Fandom Friday was brought back to life. After a talk with a friend, I decided to go ahead with my plans because the Geek Blogger community is diverse and fandoms are just a small part of geekdom.
Originally Seriously Geeky Sundays were going to start in May as I was going to be away for the whole of April. The pandemic has completely changed those plans and I figured we could all do with something to keep our minds off the month ahead.
Without further ado, let me introduce you to…
Taking place on a Sunday there will be six questions available for people to answer. You can pop over to the Seriously Geeky Sundays page to find out how to take part and see the themes for the next four months. On the third Sunday of every month, I’ll release the next set of questions. You can take part every week or just pop in when a week catches your fancy. Every week I’ll be posting my own answers and I’ll be including a link-up for you to pop your own link in so others can check them out your post too.
Here are the questions for the first month of Seriously Geeky Sundays debuting in April!
5th April – Beginnings
It’s not just the beginning of Seriously Geeky Sundays it’s the beginning of us getting to know each other! This week’s questions are all about learning about each other.
- Let’s start with the basics; who are you and what do you do?
- When did you start blogging?
- Do you personally identify as a geek or nerd, or both?
- When did you first realise you were a geek/nerd?
- What was your first geeky interest?
- What was the first movie you watched this year?
12th April – Easter & Spring
Easter weekend this year is definitely not what any of us expected so let’s see if we can recreate some of the magic of Spring with this weeks prompts.
- Who is your favourite bunny?
- Spring is a time of rebirth so thinking about fictional worlds and characters; what does rebirth mean to you?
- Easter wouldn’t be the same without Easter Eggs; if you could have anything hatch from an egg what would it be?
- What fictional location reminds you of spring?
- An Easter egg isn’t just a chocolate treat it’s also a hidden item for fans to spot. What’s your favourite easter egg?
- Plan a themed Easter egg hunt for your favourite characters.
19th April – Kings & Queens
On this day in 1956 American actress Grace Kelly married the Prince of Monaco forever merging the worlds of Hollywood and royalty. This week we’re dipping into the world of fictional royalty and fantasy.
- Who is your favourite female royal character?
- Who is your favourite male royal character?
- Who is your favourite royal couple?
- What is your favourite storyline involving a royal character?
- If you could live in any fictional royal residence, which one would it be?
- The main character of the last fandom you experienced just became King/Queen of their universe; how do they react?
26th April – Creativity
It’s World Intellectual Property day today which sounds really dull but it’s all about promoting creativity so it seemed fitting to think about the more creative side of geekdom today.
- What does creativity in fandoms/geeky interests mean to you?
- What is the most creative storyline you’ve come across?
- Who is your favourite arty/creative character?
- Who is your favourite quirky character?
- Which fictional innovative invention do you wish existed in real life?
- What upcoming fandom are you most looking forward to?
Over to You
I hope that you’ll be joining me on this new journey and that you’ll find some inspiration from these prompts. Don’t forget to check out the Seriously Geeky Sundays information page for more information about taking part and the themes for the next few months!
Look out for my post on Sunday 5th April to join in the fun!
I’d love to know your thoughts and any feedback you have regarding April’s prompts so please let me know in the comments 🙂
Share this post!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did please consider sharing it on social media using the nifty buttons at the top of the post <3
Support Just Geeking By
If you enjoyed this content please consider helping to support my blog. You can do this in multiple ways (click here to find out how!) or by donating via Ko-Fi to help me reach my current goal.