This book review schedule provides an up to date list of book reviews that I am currently working on as well as a list of book review spots that I have open. I open 1-2 spots a month (depending on how busy I am) to requests as I also receive books from publishers and via Netgalley each month.
As mentioned in my book review information page I offer two types of reviews; a full-length review and a mini-review. The shorter the review the less time it takes for me to complete so if you want a review done quickly and don’t mind a less detailed review then that might be the best choice for you. You can read more about the reviews I offer and see examples here.
This schedule only ever lists three months; the current month and three months in advance. I do not save request spots in advance so if you have a new book out please do not ask me to. The best thing to do is follow me on Twitter where I will announce when a new spot is open.
At the start of each month when a new spot opens I wait a week before closing requests. If there are no requests (or none are approved) the spot will remain open until I receive a request I am happy to accept.
As we head into the later part of the year I’m starting to plan my blog content (read more about it here). If I have specific content planned for that month I’ll pop a ‘special promotion’ notice up with details about what I’m working on that month. For example, in December I’ll be looking to review and promote holiday and winter-themed books. A special promotion doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll only be accepting review requests from books fitting that criteria so please apply even if your book doesn’t meet them!
Special promotions also offer a review and/or a promotion opportunity for books that fit those criteria even if my review slots are full that month. A promotion opportunity will be me featuring your book in a blog post which will most likely be a list (i.e. 5 great holiday fantasy books!) or a gift guide (i.e. the best gifts for bookworms this Christmas!). If I can fit you in for a review I will but I can’t promise that, it depends on how busy I am that month.
Last Updated: 26th July 2021
Number of spots open: 0
A Universe of Wishes: A We Need Diverse Books Anthology by Dhonielle Clayton (editor) – 40% complete – Deadline: July 2nd– Completed Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim – 30% complete – Deadline: 4th July– Completed The Empire’s Ruin by Brian Staveley – 80% complete – Deadline: 6th July– Completed Scottish by Inclination by Barbara Henderson – 0% complete – Deadline: 12th July [for the 15th]– Completed The Maleficent Seven by Cameron Johnston – 60% complete – Deadline: 25th July– Completed
- Stars and Ravens by Francis Deer and Mika Hunter – 40% complete – Deadline: 31st July
- Wolf Unleashed by Jessica Meats – 30% complete – Deadline: 31st July
Number of spots open: 0
- Paper & Blood by Kevin Hearne – 0% complete – Deadline: 4th August
- Drōmfrangil by Cynthia McDonald – 0% complete – Deadline: 7th August
- The Gauntlet and the Fist Beneath – 0% complete – Deadline: 14th August [for the 16th]
- Vagabond by Mary A.J – 0% complete – Deadline: 24th August [for the 26th]
- Little Eden by KT King – 0% – Deadline: 31st August
- The Words in my Hands by Asphyxia – 0% – Deadline: 31st August
Number of spots open: 0
Special promotion – I’d love to review and promote some books with disabled and chronically ill characters as I’m working on a special project this month. Other books are still welcome to apply!
- Not Today Negativity! by Dr. Oneeka Williams – 0% complete – Deadline: 1st September
- The All-Consuming World by Cassandra Khaw – 0% complete – Deadline: 4th September
- Empire of the Vampire Sampler by Jay Kristoff – 0% complete – Deadline: 12th September
- When Things Get Dark: Stories inspired by Shirley Jackson – 0% complete – Deadline: 16th September
- The Younglings by Helena M. Craggs – 0% complete – Deadline: 18th September [for the 20th]
- Too Near the Dead by Helen Grant – 0% complete – Deadline: 30th September
- The BackUp Superhero by Kayla Hicks – 0% complete – Deadline: 30th September
Number of spots open: 2
Special promotion – I’d love to review and promote some books for Halloween this month so horror, witches, vampires, magic, etc. Other books are still welcome to apply!
- Lionheart Girl by Yaba Badoe – 0% complete – Deadline: 11th October
- The Ghost Sequences by A.C. Wise – 0% complete – Deadline: 15th October
- Maia Toll’s Wild Wisdom Companion by Maia Toll – 0% complete – Deadline: 20th October
‘Pending’ means I have approved a review request and I am waiting to hear back from the author/publisher before confirming the review in my schedule. I only confirm the review once I have been sent a copy of the book.
Request a review
If you are interested in getting your book reviewed please take the time to read through my information about book reviews and also my book review policy. The second one is a bit dull but it ensures that we’re both on the same page and everyone knows what’s happening.
Once you’ve done that please fill out the form below. Remember that submitting this form is only a request for a review and does not guarantee you a review.
Please do not fill out this form if no spots are open – unless it’s for a special promotion!
As explained above I do not save review spots which also means I do not keep a list of requests. If you submit a request while spots are closed you will get an auto-reply asking you to reapply when they are open again. The best thing to do is follow me on Twitter where I will announce when a new spot is open.
Image Credits: Header image is from Unsplash.No tags for this post.