The Birthstone series will be exploring the world of birth stones and creating a pinterest mood board filled with style ideas related to that month’s birthstone and related colours. There will be women’s fashion, jewellery, make up, accessories, colour palettes and some home decor items thrown in too. This series will be posted on the third Saturday of every month.
So… it’s August and this is the birthstone for July… yep I’m running a bit behind. I hope to have Peridot up next weekend so I should be back on track for one birthstone a month again!
Ruby is one of two red birthstones I’ll be looking at in this series, so I had to differentiate between it and Garnet. For styling ruby I went with warmer tones; poppy red, warm oranges and yellows. There’s some darker tones of red as well to represent the darker hues of rubies, however, generally anything burgundy I’ll be saving for garnet in January 😉
- White Gold Diamond Ruby Swirl Pendant from The Jewel Hut.
- Silver Ruby Pendant by SilverTalesStudio.
- Genuine Rough Ruby Earrings by Bihls.
- Belleek Living – Ruby Necklace from Debenhams.
- 9ct Gold Ruby and Diamond Bracelet from Argos.
- Madagascan Ruby Oval Bangle from Gemporia.
Like many birthstones Ruby can get a tad pricey, but thankfully when it comes to dupes there are loads of different options. From created rubies, red crystals and red beads, you can style ruby without a huge price tag!
- Jolene Jewel Short Drop Earrings from Accessorize.
- Red Rose Origami Earrings by TheWorldinpaper.
- Dragonfly Necklace by EnchantedCircle1234.
- Ruby Red Ornate Filigree Steampunk Ring by DarkEleganceDesigns.
- July Birthstone Jewellery Set from Wallis.
- Daisy Necklace from Curvissa.
- Red Oranges. View it here on Pinterest.
- Raspberries. View it here on Pinterest.
- Strawberries. View it here on Pinterest.
- Autumn Shades. View it here on Pinterest.
- Lanterns. View it here on Pinterest.
- Red & Gold Christmas.View it here on Pinterest.
- Burned Velvet Wine Leggings from Blackmilk Clothing.
- Heine Leather Jacket from Curvissa.
- Flare Sleeve Handkerchief Tunic Top from Rose Gal.
- Tie Front Blouse with Frill Sleeve from ASOS.
- Closet Berry Satin Bow Skirt from Wallis.
- Little Mistress Red Jumpsuit from Evans.
- BA&SH Red Midi Dress from ASOS.
- Burgundy Online Exclusive Satin Printed Dress from Roman Originals.
- Petite Red Scallop Lace Dress from Wallis.
- Cowl Neck Velour Dress from Curvissa.
- Embroidered Bodice Evening Dress from Curvissa.
- Red Chiffon Maxi Dress With Embellished Shoulders from Yours Clothing.
- Saucony Exclusive Jazz O Suede Trainers In Red from ASOS.
- B.A.I.T. Footwear Shimmer Down Now T-Strap Heel in Cherry Gloss from Modcloth.
- Ruby Red Heels by DiamonteMe.
- City Walk Ankle Boots from Curvissa.
- Red Bow Side Shoes from River Island.
- Leather cross strap T-bar heels from M & Co.
- Glamorous Crochet Cross Body Bag in Red from ASOS.
- Floral Headband – Bronze Roses by AMonSeulDesir.
- Dragon Queen Crystal Hair Comb by RichAndStrangeAus.
- Black Felted Bag by filcant.
- Floral embossed belt from M & Co.
- Lacey Plastic Oversize Sunglasses from Boohoo.
- NCLA Ruby Red Nail Wraps from Pretty Little Things.
- F.U.N Laquer in Splendor from Rainbow Connection.
- Pretty Serious nail polish in Velvet Bow from Rainbow Connection.
- Collection Nail Polish in Hollywood Red from Superdrug.
- RUBY RED Gemstone Nail Water Transfers by NaughtyNailsShop.
- Rimmel Glitter Nail Polish in Ruby Crush from Feel Unique.
- e.l.f. Velvet Matte Lipstick Ruby Red from Superdrug.
- MAC Cosmetics eye shadow palette in ‘Burgundy Times Nine’ from Debenhams.
- L.A Girl Eyelux Eyeshadow in Hypnotize from Beauty Base.
- Pumpkin Cider Liquid Lipstick by BeautyBarBaby.
- Pressed eyeshadow palette – July birthstone – Ruby by BreakingBeautyShop.
- Black Up – ‘Matte Liquid Lipcolor’ lipstain in N 05 from Debenhams.
What do you think; is ruby a birthstone you think you could style? I’ve always been partial to red and never been afraid to wear it, but I know for some people it can be a bit overwhelming. Do you think you would go all out in one of the ruby dresses or would you be more subtle and add a touch of red with some accessories?
I hope you’ve found something you like in this post, and if not there’s plenty more on the pinterest board! I’ll be adding a few more things to the board from time to time so don’t forget to follow it. If you have something you think I should add, especially if it’s something you’ve created let me know!
Share this post!
I hope you enjoyed this post! If you did please consider sharing it on social media using the nifty buttons at the top of the post <3
Support Just Geeking By
If you enjoyed this content please consider helping to support my blog. You can do this in multiple ways (click here to find out how!) or by donating via Ko-Fi to help me reach my current goal.